Okay. Short - not insanely interesting update, iiif you can call it an update. This is pictures almost a month old. I just wanted you to know that I am not dead on this project! I just lack some materials right now - and time. I'm pretty busy all week, and I really need a lot of surplus before I feel motivated to work on it. But I don't feel like rushing either, so I'm just taking it nice and easy. :) A better upadate will be made soon! And that with pictures NOT taken with my phone! XD Yay!
People this blood elf is on! I'm sad that I didn't have the time to make this cosplay for J-Popcon 2011, but well, that's just how it is. :) But good news! It IS going to be made! Cause I have made a progress this weekend that gave me hope! I've been pretty ill, but suddenly my feverish head gave me some ideas which I had to try out - and they worked! They worked in a way that I could believe in this costume! I have no deadline for it, and that's lovely! The next convention in Denmark would be SVS-con, and I am not attending this year due to my last galla at my school. SO! If it is needed for a convention it would be Genki, and that is pass the summer vacation.! XD So no stress! It motivates me a lot somehow right now that I can just make it in my tempo. :)
I tried to make the belt she is wearing. It was a bit hard to figure out the design since I don't really have a proper reference photo of it, but I made it with a combination of other cosplayers way of making it. I like the way it turned out, but I'm not sure yet whether I will use it at the end result or not, what do you think?
I sketched the belt in full scale on a paper, and cut it out. Afterwards I cut the main shape out in moosgummi two times. First a bottom one, and next the top out of thicker moosgummi. I simply glued it together, and I now got the main shape. Thereafter I used pappmache to cover the rough edges ect. When it was dry (I couldn't wait so I used a hair dryer...) I formed the "face" out of clay and tried to get it to look as much as the sketch I had made, and smoothed it out. When it all had dried I sprayed it all black, and painted the the areas that was supposed to be gold afterwards.
Can't wait to share new updates with you!
You know the feeling when you can't sleep and get an idea right? I had an idea for the make-up, and wanted to try it out together with the lenses I'm going to use. This would be the first try of a suggestion to the make-up. Not the ending result:
Is it real? Yes it is!
I promised myself that I wouldn't make any more costumes in 2011, due to money problems, hard year in my education and my theater. BUT! Now I cannot resist! Nevertheless will I begin - and if I do not finish this year - whatever.
I have had a lot of costumes in mind, but because of an obsession at the moment of World of Warcraft, I finally decided to make a costume from that game. It will be the most complicated (prop and accessories wise) I have ever done, so I am looking forward to try it out. :) Maybe I'll fail, but I will do my best and get something out of this project - at least learn to use some new materials. :) I have already used a lot of time to draw patterns and try to make prototypes of some of the accessories, so if I'm lucky it can be finished for J-Popcon 2011!
Well I hope you will stay tuned for more updates!
Cause now I'm taking this cosplay site serious!